DUI, or driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, is a class one misdemeanor
Mark W. Hawkins has 24 years of trial experience as a DUI attorney in Arizona. He is a former deputy county attorney and a former assistant city prosecutor.
Susan Hamblin Hawkins is a former assistant city prosecutor with over 14 years of trial experience handling DUI cases.
Our DUI attorneys handled cases in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, and Phoenix, Arizona, both city court cases and felony matters.
A defense is a successful motion to suppress for stopping a DUI defendant without a reason.
Statements made during custodial interrogation without Miranda may be suppressed.
Our attorneys have participated in the following cases:
- Woman has a BAC over .15; she slows down and nearly stops at a green light. Verdict: Not Guilty
- Judge disbelieves police supervisor who testifies regarding use of force at jail in DUI case. Verdict: Not Guilty
Mesa, Arizona DUI categories:
- DUI: Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) .08 or more
- EXTREME DUI: Blood Alcohol Content .15 or more
- SUPER EXTREME DUI: Blood Alcohol Content .20 or more
- DUI Second offense
- EXTREME DUI Second Offense
- SUPER EXTREME DUI Second Offense
Aggravated DUI is a Class 4 Felony pursuant to A.R.S. 13-1383, requiring a minimum of 4 months prison:
- Third DUI
- DUI with a suspended driver’s license
- DUI with an ignition interlock order
Aggravated DUI is a Class 6 Felony:
- DUI with a child under 15 in vehicle
LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT
Leaving the scene of an accident is a misdemeanor pursuant to A.R.S. 28-662.
Leaving the scene of an accident is a Class 6 Felony if there is injury or death and the accused fails to render assistance. A.R.S. 28-663