Our Mesa, Arizona Criminal Defense lawyers and attorneys have decades of experience with assault cases.
Assault is a misdemeanor in Mesa or Phoenix, Arizona (AZ). A.R.S. 13-1203
- Class 1 Misdemeanor: intentionally, knowingly or recklessly injuring another person
- Class 3 Misdemeanor, touching another person with the intent to injure, insult, or provoke.
Aggravated Assault is a felony in Arizona, pursuant to A.R.S. 13-1204
- Serious physical injury
- Deadly weapon or dangerous insrument
- Disfigurement, loss of body organ, fracture
- Victim is assaulted while bound or unconscious
- Entering private home to assault
- Victim under 15 years of age
- Violation of protective order by assault
- Victim is peace officer, teacher, firefighter, health care provider, prosecutor, code enforcement officer, park ranger or public defender
Sample Case: A juvenile goes along with a shoplifting; one defendant hands him a gun; he shoots at an employee, striking his clothing. Charged as an adult and sentenced to prison time.
Disturbing the peace of another person through fighting, violent or seriously disruptive behavior is disorderly conduct, a Class 1 Misdemeanor, pursuant to A.R.S. 12-2904
Sample Case: In a case tried by one of our attorneys, the alleged victim was not at peace; verdict not guilty.
THREATENING AND INTIMIDATING
Threatening or intimidating by word or conduct is a misdemeanor in Arizona pursuant to A.R.S. 13-1202.
Any of these crimes can be charged as a Domestic Violence Offense in Arizona (AZ) if the relationship between the defendant and the victim is a family relationship, or if they are living together in a sexual relationship pursuant to A.R.S. 13-3601 et. seq.
Our attorneys, as former prosecutors, have extensive training in domestic violence cases in Mesa and Phoenix, Arizona (AZ).